Sunday, August 31, 2008

Rest In Peace Daniel

My wife called me while I was at work, eating dinner. She told me Daniel was murdered today in south Houston. Somebody shot him dead and for what? While details are sketchy at this point let me share my own twisted eulogy. Daniel (pictured here with me in New Orleans in 2004) was a passive, gentle soul. He liked to relax and have a good time with his friends. In 2004, he accompanied us to New Orleans. This was his first trip. He loved it. Of course we started our trip by taking the group to our favorite bar. There we started the buzzing. If you cannot tell by the picture here, we're both a little buzzed. Later on that evening we went a bar where he dozed off. The bar wasn't very exciting. We then went to another bar where Daniel stumbled into the wrong restroom. When women came running out screaming he realized his mistake. Being the good friends we are, we pointed and laughed at him. He was planning on returning with us to New Orleans. Sadly that will never happen now. It's just insane. People kill people, and I don't know why.


UPDATE:
KPRC has a brief news story. Click here to read it.

1 comment:

JLee said...

I am so sorry for your loss, Jason. It makes me so angry to hear about these senseless crimes of wonderful people who were friends, husbands, wives, sons and daughters to someone.