Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Something I Noticed

I got this link in my email today. It's a series of pictures from Hurricane Ike. These pictures are amazing. Life is coming back to normal for many residents. However, in hard hit areas like Galveston they are still trying to rebuild. I've learned that power has been fixed in some of those areas. One thing I'd like to say is I've noticed a glaring difference between the coverage of the aftermath of Hurricane Ike, and the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. Don't get me wrong, I love New Orleans. Some day I'd love to have an apartment in the French Quarter when I retire. However, we're not hearing all of the tragic stories from Galveston that we did in New Orleans. We're not hearing of Galveston people shooting at rescue workers. We're not hearing politicians grandstanding, using the people of Galveston as pawns. Most of all, the Galveston mayor appears way more capable of handling a crises than Ray Nagin. What are your thoughts?

No comments: